What is Quartz Inversion?
No, it’s not a quart of milk standing on its head. It’s the point at which silica crystals in clay change their molecular structure during the rise and fall of temperatures in the kiln. Heat serves as a catalyst for permanent change. Very cool idea. I think of it as a metaphor for most things in life. The transformational power of art can change us at the very core. Our actions change the earth every day, for better or worse. The choices we make, the thoughts we have, and the words we say change us in every way at every moment--from the inside out. I like to think that I go through a quartz inversion on a regular basis....and once quartz inversion occurs, there is no going back.
~~
Get more Quartz Inversion

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Calling in sick......


I just love calling in sick to work and then spending the whole day in the studio. For some reason, weekdays are always more productive than weekends. There is something about knowing that everyone else is hard at work in their offices, and you have all those free hours to do what you will, that gets my juices flowing. Saturdays and Sundays are not the same. There are so many other chores and things to do on the weekend, that even when I have an entire Saturday or Sunday, I still feel like there is never enough time to get down and dirty in the studio.

Today was one of those wonderful "call in sick" days where the sun was shining outside, a cool breeze was blowing in my apartment, and I was on a creative roll by 1:00 in the afternoon. Got multiple mono-prints done, and two new encaustic collages to add to the "family history" series.

No comments: